Take your understanding and practice of joy to the next level.
BCalm is pleased to offer JOY from the Inside Out — 4-week online course, drawn from the wisdom in the Book of Joy by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Joy from the Inside Out offers a deeper exploration of joy and practical exercises to add more joy to your life. Although not a meditation course, meditation is foundational to the course. The content has been carefully curated; you do not need to read the book.
- Each week is designed to provide a holistic understanding of joy, covering perspectives from neuroscience and Buddhist psychology.
- Guided meditation.
- This course is practical. It moves beyond theory with practices that cultivate joy despite life’s inevitable setbacks.
- Inspired discussions and community support for shared insights.
Week 1: Exploring the Nature of Joy
Introducing the 8 pillars of joy
The neural correlates to joy
Week 2: Mind Set
Discover how cultivating the proper perspective can be a transformative force. Learn practical strategies to shift your mindset towards joy in the face of challenges.
Embodied Meditation: Immerse yourself in the power of embodied meditation, experiencing joy through mind-body unity.
Week 3: Generosity (a new twist)
Experience the heart-opening pillar of generosity as we delve into the joy of giving. Learn how acts of kindness and compassion bring joy to others and create a deep sense of fulfillment within yourself.
Week 4: Pillar of the mind: acceptance
Discover the liberating power of acceptance and how it can pave the way for a life filled with joy, resilience and a deep sense of inner peace.
About the facilitator:
Ocean Lum, MA, has been leading mindfulness courses since 2013. She is an ardent and devoted student of Buddhism and has practiced meditation for 24 years. As a registered clinical counsellor and a seasoned yoga teacher, Ocean brings a wealth of knowledge to her facilitation. Her classes synthesize neuroscience, psychology and spirituality. They are designed to be practical and applicable to the challenges of our lives.
Ocean’s approach is fresh and daring– while also amazingly tender and gentle. Ocean’s class and the community created in the process were of significant value to me. She provides a great environment to explore growth, to be inspired by ideas, and to gain perhaps an unexpected perspective or new understanding of life, self, and others. I highly recommend her joy course! – L. Betts, musician
DATE: VIRTUALLY Wednesday evenings: January 24 – February 14 2024
TIME: 1730-1900 Pacific
COST: NON-MEMBER: $245 +GST
MEMBER Price: $196 + GST (code requested at ticket check-out)
CANCELLATION POLICY (Updated 2/21/23)
- 85% tuition refunded with cancellation notice of more than 4 weeks prior to program start date
- 50% tuition refunded with cancellation notice of 2-4 weeks prior to program start date
- In order to assure minimum numbers in our courses, no refunds will be given for cancellations within 2 weeks of the program start date, or once the program starts