What is BCALM
The British Columbia Association for Living Mindfully (BCALM) is a non-profit society dedicated to education, research and advocacy around the benefits of mindfulness in homes, in schools, and in workplaces throughout BC.
To nurture and facilitate greater mindfulness and compassion in homes, workplaces, schools and communities throughout British Columbia
• To offer Mindfulness Based Stress Management education to people in British Columbia who are challenged by stress
• To work with educators to encourage greater mindfulness education in our schools
• To work with existing mindfulness and stress management initiatives in BC in order to address the stress epidemic
• To offer further research into the benefits and effectiveness of mindfulness based interventions on improving the health and wellness of people challenged by stress related disorders
• To advocate for greater access and research into mindfulness based programs and services in our schools, workplaces, health centres and communities